Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 31 January 2013


I remember when I was in junior high and a friend of mine in the neighborhood showed me his dad's stash of skin magazines.  It was a basement full of Playboys and other softcore treasures that we proceeded to skim through for hours.  Needless to say, when his parents were away we would often return to that reservoir of smut.

But nothing NOTHING could have prepared me for my first encounter with Cosmo.  While Playboy showed boobs and other parts of the female anatomy, Cosmo talked about sex in a way that quite literally rocked my junior-high brain.  It was explicit, detailed, graphic..... insert any adjective you like, this stuff was the real deal.  Playboy was for ogling, Cosmo was for learning.

Typical article title: "Your Love Muscle - The Hidden Trigger to Unimagined Sexual Pleasures"

Of course, when you got into the hardcore stuff like Hustler or Penthouse, that was a whole different ballgame.  But that's neither here nor there. On with the Cosmo covers - 40 of them (and a special bonus cover at the end)!







































This last two are from National Lampoon and MAD. Their satire is better than I ever could say with words.




0 comments:

Post a Comment