Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 20 July 2012


(Note: Vinyl Español Part One post located here)

It boggles the mind how social media and the blogosphere (still hate that word, but there's been no better substitute) has changed the nostalgia landscape in just a few years.  I clearly remember in 2007 being blown away by a book on bad album art (see ad at the end of this post - the book is now out of print).  Sure, I was aware of some odd covers, even in my own collection.  However, this was a revelation.... there was a whole world of INSANE covers out there that I hadn't even begun to scratch the surface of!

Fast forward nearly six years, and many of those bad covers have become downright iconic.  The Joyce LP has probably been seen by more eyes than a Radiohead album cover. In other words, an interesting cover is no longer hidden in a little book or still covered in dust in an attic.  It's been scanned and shared with the world through Facebook, Tumblr, and blogs.

So what's the point of me saying this? Well, now when I find a cool album at a flea market or yard sale, it's inevitably one that I've seen a hundred times on the interwebs.  Finding an LP that is new to my eyes has become something of a difficult task.  Thus, I've spent some time recently concentrating on foreign records via flea market finds and deep within the rarely explored recesses of the web.

So, here's some of what I've come up with.  Some interesting, some not so much. All of the ones in this post are from Spain. I hope you enjoy looking at these album and singles covers as much as I did finding them.




click on images to enlarge





















And we'll end Part One with my favorite band name of all time....





0 comments:

Post a Comment