Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, 9 April 2012


I certainly don't pretend to know the back story on all these photographs, so I won't claim these are all actual romantically involved couples. I can tell you that most of these images are from the early seventies, and a mere ten years earlier, pictures like these would have been scandalous - romantic or not.

I'll spare you a long discussion on interracial dating.  I've already touched on it before, and it's a really sensitive subject for some - In fact, I'm sure I'll get complaints on the title of this post.  I couldn't come up with anything better.

I remember seeing an article in LIFE when I was a kid about Jim Seals (of Seals & Crofts) and his black wife.  It was shocking to me then - not in a bad way, just a "new" way.  I'd never seen any 'mixed" couples at that point in my life - I'd lived in Massachusetts, Spain and Ohio by that point. But I have a feeling, no matter where I'd lived, that LIFE article would have been no less jarring.

So, let's check out some miniskirted babes and their partners of a different race.  I also think it wouldn't be wildly inappropriate to raise a glass in honor of John Seals and his Diamond Girl.  Cheers!













Okay, this isn't a miniskirt - but it's close enough.



0 comments:

Post a Comment