Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, 28 November 2011


Just thought I'd hit you with some truly awesome advertisements from the 1971-1972 issue of McCall's Needlework & Crafts magazine. Some stellar ads that you don't want to miss - so, read on!




This Columbia Minerva ad is incredible. It looks like this dude is ready to beat the shit out of this girl.... ah, but it's a joke. "Crewel" sounds like "cruel".... get it? Maybe if they'd have given her a black eye and a bloody lip, it would've been funnier.


I'll be honest.. fellas, it was sounding great. But.. I could've used a little more cowbell. So.. let's take it again.


How can I comment on this, other than to note that the single greatest headline for an ad I have ever read, "The Blazing Beauty of Beads", is followed up by some of the most boring "unblazing" examples imaginable: a chart, a clump of fruit, and a vest?


The fine print reads: Warning: These fashions are only considered acceptable attire in certain remote regions of Finland.


Ahem. Last I checked, the Knitty Gritty Bang Bang was not a yarn, but rather something you did in the back of a van. I'm just sayin'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment