Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 2 September 2011


Sorry to interrupt this healthy stream of retro goodness with a few quasi-important updates.  Your regularly scheduled program will continue in a few minutes.

1. You may have noticed the new desperate attempt to get money in the sidebar.  Well, as I've said many times before, I'm not going to pretend that Retrospace can't continue without your donations - this ain't public television and, all things considered, it's a pretty inexpensive hobby.

That being said, it does take a lot of time, and these pesky fees keep adding up (Flickr account, Rapidshare, Usenet account, etc.... not to mention all the crap I buy and scan).  The bottom line is this: A quick 1 dollar donation would be appreciated.  It doesn't get spent on Mountain Dew and McRibs, but rather it sits in my Paypal account to go towards blog stuff.  

Those that are feeling especially generous can donate even more (see donate button on right).  Many of you already have, and it does not go unnoticed. Some of you have even mailed me stuff - your generosity is highly appreciated here at Retrospace HQ.

So, drop me some loose change. Keep those Mini Skirt Mondays alive.  It's for a good cause.





2.  Followers of Retrospace will know that I have tried to branch out lately, only to fall flat on my blogger face.  Facebook and the Forums were nothing short of steaming piles of retro crap.  I apologize, and I have pulled the plug on both of them.


Facebook is great for keeping up with friends; but for Retrospace's purposes, it just didn't make sense.  I could give a flying shit how anyone likes their eggs in the morning, so Facebook wasn't really a great fit for me.  I gave it an honest try, hated every minute of it, and moved on.  You don't know until you try - both Tumblr and Podcasting ended up being great extensions of Retrospace.  Facebook not so much.

As for the forums, I think it was a great idea, and one that could easily have taken off.... if I didn't have a day job. I think I over extended myself - to get a forum active and thriving takes time and effort, of which I have very little available to give.

Que sera, sera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment